I decided to change it up a bit and do a random post about things you might not know about me. So lets see if I can come up with 20 interesting things.
1. Between the time I was 6 months old and 5 years old I had: Meningitis, Tonsillitis, Cellulitis & Osteomyelitis (both in my right leg). My doctor referred to me as the “itis” girl.
2. I was born in San Diego, CA while my Dad was in the Marine Corp. But have lived in NYS for 9/10's of my life.
3. I am the oldest of 3 kids, I have 3 kids, I am the oldest of 10 grandchildren on one side but the 3rd to the youngest of 13 grandchildren on the other side of the family.
4. I don't drink a drink with dinner unless we are out to dinner then usually it is water with lemon.
5. I struggle with my weight…so through the years it has fluctuated up and down and up and down…right now I seem to be somewhere in the middle.
6. I do not like negativity. While some people thrive on it-I would just a soon walk away from it-or not read it.
7. I am not one to judge as I feel there is only one person in my life that is aloud to judge me and that won't be until the end of my life.
8. My Mother & My Sister are my best friends, along with my sister-in-law. But otherwise I have many friends.
9. I tend to think to much; so much that when I go to bed my dreams are a tiring bunch of ‘going here, going there-always chasing something'.
10. I don't like complicated…not saying I think life should be easy. I just like an even balance.
11. Sometimes what I find funny; others don't but I guess that is what makes me-me…lol
12. I graduated in 1987 and just figured out lately that people that were born the year I graduated are now nearing 24 or are 24…how did that happen?
13. I have found that other people's kids age…what a concept huh? I mean I don't see them for a few years…and boom they are big…or did I see them and just not recognize them?
14. I live outside of a ‘small' town type of place except from May to October or later it is zooming with tourists…and I know they are what help the economy in our area; but sometimes I just want to yell…”Leave Us Alone”…and “Go Home”…I don't, but I want to..lol , either it is wine festivals, Italian Festival, a carnival, a fair, a PHISH concert, Nascar….and on and on…
15. I am a hard worker-sometimes to the point that it backfires in my face…but does that change me? no…I do it again and again; cause that's how I roll…
16. I have been ‘re-married' for almost 16 years. I say re-married because 2 of my kids are 20 & 17 and are from my previous marriage, where as my almost 15 year old is ours together.
17. I have a great husband who took on my 2 older boys when they were 4 and less than a year old and calls them his own. I am thankful for that.
18. I am more of a night owl than a morning person. But now I am trying to become the opposite-how is that working for me you may ask? Ask me in a few weeks…lol
19. My favorite class in high school was Math and to this day I like starting with ‘parts' and ending up with a finished product. Guess that is one of the reasons I enjoy web hosting/sites.
20. I wish I would have taken Graphic Design when I went to college instead of psychology-cause 1) I only lasted 1 year in that and 2) It would come in handy now.
There are probably more things I could say but I promised to stick to 20.
Wife, mother, grandma, blogger, all wrapped into one person, although it does not define her these are roles that are important to her. From empty nesters to living with our oldest and 2 grandchildren while our house is rebuilt after a house fire in 10/2018 my life is something new each day.