When you are getting ready to plan your game day party (or any party for that matter). Think of al fresco chicken sausage! With so many choices to choose from, you are bound to come up with a fantastic idea of your own.
I decided for our game day party with our family to try out their Chicken Sausage Patties. For the recipe below I chose their Roasted Red Pepper and Asiago with natural mesquite smoke. These are absolutely delicious. al fresco believes in introducing new flavors to compliment their already tasty chicken sausage and this flavor is no different.
Before I get into my idea, I do not want to forget to mention al fresco’s current promotion/contest. The al fresco Game Day Appetizer Blitz will give you the chance to win $500! Can you imagine? Click on the image right below to enter!
When my family gets together for the Super Bowl we all bring snacks. I normally will bring a type of dip or an easy dinner item for those that might want a bit more than a snack. I know this year my contribution will be enjoyed. There is no question with al fresco.
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks that are bite-size
- 1 yellow
onion,cut into chunks that are bite-size
- 1 zucchini cut into ¼ inch slices (use a small-medium size)
- 1 pound of al fresco Red Pepper & Asiago Chicken Patties cut up.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Italian dressing of your choice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium high skillet heat.
- Add Italian Chicken Sausage chunks and cook until the sausage is heated through.
- Remove sausage from the pan, and add a bit more oil if necessary.
- Cook vegetables for about 15 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Once your vegetables are ready, add sausage back to the pan.
- Stir in Italian dressing of your choosing and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- For my recipe, I served over cal rose rice ( sticky rice)
- You can also serve this on its own or with bread.
- Another option is you can do mini sandwitches with the ingredients and skewer with a toothpick.
You can visit al fresco on their links below:
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. However, I did receive a product from the company below and the opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.
Wife, mother, grandma, blogger, all wrapped into one person, although it does not define her these are roles that are important to her. From empty nesters to living with our oldest and 2 grandchildren while our house is rebuilt after a house fire in 10/2018 my life is something new each day.