After completing post-graduation in Canada, the student from over the sea countries can apply for a Canadian work permit. It is beneficial as they can work as a full-time employee here without any bindings. But the time can be 3 years or more depending on the length of the study program.
So, in this article, you will get to know how to apply for visa after getting post graduate work permit? You will not require to work in a definite field or need a job offer to apply. Post graduate work permit can be issued only once in the entire life.
If you are the one who is interested in getting settle down in Canada, then read the entire article as we are going to describe everything step by step.
Also, read How To Immigrate to Canada
How To Apply For Visa After Getting Post Graduate Work Permit?
It is essential to know the procedure of applying for a visa after getting a post graduate work permit. Moreover, a post graduate work permit checklist is also essential that tells about all the necessary documents required to apply.
So, the steps for getting a visa are as follows so that you can easily go through it.
- Visit the site to apply for the visa.
- Next, select your preferred language and click on the sign-in or create an account option.
- Then you can select any option, either 1 or 2, according to the information required.
- In case you do not have an account, you can even create it from there.
- Suppose you have chosen the 2nd option, the sign-in partner. So, now click on your banking partner that you have selected during sign-up.
- Log-in using your debit card number and password.
- After that, you will get an interface named “start an application.” And there, you will have to click on “Apply to come to Canada.”
- Then scroll down and select the option “Visitor visa, study and/or work permit.”
- Put the information that is required as this will determine whether you are eligible to apply or not.
- After answering all the questions, you will get to review your answers to make any further corrections if required.
- If everything is placed correctly, then click on continue.
- Again you will have to click on continue after reading all the policies and agreements.
- Then you will find “Your document checklist,” which tells about the documents needed to be submitted to apply.
- Upload all the following files, and you are done.
Eligible Colleges And Universities
There are some instructions like the students must be from the specific colleges and universities. Adequate evidence should be given regarding that. Check the names below if you are from any one of them.
- A post-secondary public institution, for example, a college, a university, a technical or trade school, or CEGEP (in Quebec)
- A post-secondary private institution that runs according to similar rules and regulations of public institutions in Quebec
- A secondary or post-secondary private institution offering 900 hours qualifying programs, vocational specialization attestation, or longer vocational studies in diploma in Quebec
- The provincial statute authorized Canadian private institutions to confer degrees, such as bachelor’s, master’s, associate’s, or doctoral degrees. But in this case, the student must be enrolled in the degree programs approved by the province because the private institution does not offer all study programs.
Duration For Work Permit
As we said earlier, the duration of post graduate work permit depends on the study program’s length.
|Duration of the study program||Duration of work permit|
|Less than 32 weeks||Disallowed|
|From 32 to 96 weeks||Eligible up to the same study program’s length|
|From 96 weeks to more||For 3 years|
|More than a program||For 3 years|
The Bottom Line
Everybody looks for a better opportunity in their life. Moreover, after completing the education, the goal is to do a dream job. And if you are a graduate from Canada, it is a great opportunity to join them to be a successful employee.
So, from the above information, you have already known how to apply for visa after getting post graduate work permit step by step. If the beginning is excellent, the ending will be more wonderful. Other than that, there is also a hope of getting permanent residency in Canada.
What's Your Reaction?
Discover what Olivia is talking about from Parenting to Entertainment & all of the in between. Activities for Kids, DIY, Health & Fitness, Giveaways & More..