Disclosure: I received a copy in order to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.
When I first heard about the movie “I Feel Pretty” with Amy Schumer I wasn't too sure what to think. I wasn't sure if I would like it or if it would have a real story with it. I didn't go to the movies to see it but was happy when I was offered a review copy of the movie.
What if you saw yourself differently in the mirror than anyone that came in contact with you? What if you seeing yourself that way brought out confidence that you really didn't realize you had within yourself? Well, that is what happened to Renee (played by Amy Schumer) during ‘I Feel Pretty'.
5 Things I Learned About Myself from Watching “I Feel Pretty”
- You do not have to be the most beautiful person to get where you want to in life. (even if for some reason you have drilled that into your mind)
- How you feel about yourself can have a huge effect on how other's view you.
- If you feel better about yourself you are more apt to do more for yourself because you will have self-confidence that you didn't realize you had within you.
- When you start to feel better about yourself, do not forget about the people that were there for you when you weren't feeling good about the person you are. They stuck it out with you then, you need to be there for them.
- You have to love yourself for who you are because until you do no one else will either.
Check out THREE all-new deleted scene featuring Amy Schumer, which can be found on the Blu-ray, along with additional hilarious content bonus features, now available from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
I FEEL PRETTY
Amy Schumer (Trainwreck, Snatched) stars as Renee, a woman who struggles with feelings of insecurity and inadequacy on a daily basis. After suffering a fall she wakes up believing she is suddenly the most beautiful and capable woman on the planet. With this new found confidence she is empowered to live her life fearlessly and flawlessly, but what will happen when she realizes her appearance never changed?
Hailed by critics as “fiercely entertaining” (Dustin Putman, The Film File), I Feel Pretty is produced by McG (Charlie’s Angels, Terminator Salvation) and also stars an outstanding cast including Academy-Award® nominee Michelle Williams (Manchester By The Sea, The Greatest Showman), Rory Scovel (The House, “Those Who Can’t”), Busy Philipps (“Cougar Town,” He’s Just Not That Into You), Aidy Bryant (“Saturday Night Live,” “Girls”), Emily Ratajkowski (Gone Girl, We Are Your Friends), Naomi Campbell (Zoolander 2, “Empire”), Tom Hopper (“Game of Thrones,” “Black Sails”), Sasheer Zamata (“Saturday Night Live,” Sleight) and Lauren Hutton (“Nip/Tuck,” Once Bitten).
BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAYTM, DVD, AND DIGITAL
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Being Pretty: Featurette – The cast reflects on what it means to feel pretty.
I Feel Pretty will be available on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
Purchase on Amazon. (This is an affiliate link which means if you purchase via my link I will receive a small commission. This will not affect your purchase.)
Movie Website: http://stxfilms.com/IFeelPretty
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.