The amazing cannabis plant has a long and exciting history that goes back to the 10th century B.C. It has numerous applications and uses from being used as a raw material in manufacturing goods to medical. You may know plenty about the plant but we are betting you did not know all the trivia facts we compiled for you today. Enjoy these random facts below.
- 750,000 people are arrested for marijuana possession every year, says Annette Felix
- The cannabis plant contains 483 compounds including THC and CBD.
- Marijuana cannot cause an overdose.
- Cannabis is less addictive than caffeine and chocolate.
- There are over 200 slang terms for marijuana.
- The first American flag a.k.a. Betsy Ross was made out of hemp.
- The female plant is the one that counts. The male one produces pollen, which is not something you want.
- California was the first U.S. state to ban cannabis a century ago. Ironically, it was also the first to legalize its medical use.
- Recreational cannabis dispensaries in Colorado outnumber Starbucks 3 to 1. Recreational marijuana use was legalized only in 2014.
- The first thing ever bought and sold across the Internet was a bag of cannabis.
We hope you enjoyed our trivia set and learned something new about cannabis! Even more useful information, facts, and reviews can be found in the marijuana blog Silver Stem Fine Cannabis.
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.