The amazing cannabis plant has a long and exciting history that goes back to 10th century B.C. It has numerous applications and uses from being used as a raw material in manufacturing goods to medical. You may know plenty about the plant but we are betting you did not know all the trivia facts we compiled for you today.
- 750,000 people are arrested for marijuana possession every year
- The cannabis plant contains 483 compounds including THC and CBD.
- Marijuana cannot cause an overdose.
- Cannabis is less addictive than caffeine and chocolate.
- There are over 200 slang terms for marijuana.
- The first American flag a.k.a. Betsy Ross was made out of hemp.
- The female plant is the one that counts. The male one produces pollen, which is not something you want.
- California was the first U.S. state to ban cannabis a century ago. Ironically, it was also the first to legalize its medical use.
- Recreational cannabis dispensaries in Colorado outnumber Starbucks 3 to 1. Recreational marijuana use was legalized only in 2014.
- The first thing ever bought and sold across the Internet was a bag of cannabis.
We hope you enjoyed our trivia set and learned something new about cannabis! Even more useful information, facts, and reviews can be found in the marijuana blog Silver Stem Fine Cannabis.
Wife, mother, grandma, blogger, all wrapped into one person, although it does not define her these are roles that are important to her. From empty nesters to living with our oldest and 2 grandchildren while our house is rebuilt after a house fire in 10/2018 my life is something new each day.