Money Piece on Natural Curly Hair
If you’re a curly-haired individual like me, you know the struggle of finding the perfect hairstyle that enhances your natural texture. Well, look no further! The “money piece” trend on natural curly hair is here to save the day. This technique involves strategically placing face-framing highlights or lowlights to add dimension and brightness to your curls. It’s a game-changer for those looking to spice up their style without committing to a full head of color.
The beauty of the money piece trend lies in its versatility. Whether you have loose waves or tight coils, this technique can be customized to suit your unique curl pattern. By adding lighter or darker pieces around your face, you create a stunning contrast that draws attention to your best features and gives your curls an instant boost.
Not only does the money piece technique enhance your natural hair texture, but it also requires minimal maintenance. Since the highlights or lowlights are strategically placed at the front sections of your hair, they grow out naturally with minimal noticeable roots. This means less frequent touch-ups and more time enjoying beautiful, effortless curls.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Money Piece on Natural Curly Hair
Preparing Your Natural Curly Hair for the Money Piece
To achieve a stunning money piece on natural curly hair, it’s essential to properly prepare your locks beforehand. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Deep Condition: Begin by giving your curls some extra love and hydration with a deep conditioning treatment. This will help nourish and moisturize your hair, making it more manageable during the styling process.
- Detangle Gently: Before working on the money piece, gently detangle your natural curly hair using a wide-tooth comb or your fingers. Start from the ends and work your way up, being careful not to cause any unnecessary breakage.
- Section Off: Next, section off the part of your hair where you want to create the money piece. You can use clips or hair ties to keep the rest of your hair out of the way while you focus on this specific section.
- Protective Styling: To protect the rest of your curls while highlighting the money piece, consider twisting or braiding them away from this area. This will prevent any accidental bleaching or coloring mishaps.
Creating this Stylish Highlight
Now that you’ve prepared your natural curly hair for the money piece, let’s dive into creating this stylish highlight with precision and care.
- Choose Your Color: Selecting an appropriate color for your money piece is crucial in achieving a seamless blend with your natural curls. Opt for shades that complement and enhance your overall look without overpowering it.
- Consultation: If you’re unsure about which color would suit you best or how to achieve the desired result, consult with a professional hairstylist experienced in working with natural curly hair textures. They can provide personalized advice based on their expertise.
- Bleach Application: If your chosen color requires lightening, apply the bleach carefully to the sectioned-off hair. Follow the instructions provided with the product and be mindful of potential damage caused by excessive or improper application. It’s always wise to perform a strand test beforehand.
Mesmerizing Money Piece on Natural Curly Hair
Continuing on our journey to create a mesmerizing money piece on natural curly hair, let’s explore some additional steps:
- Color Application: Once you’ve achieved the desired level of lightness, it’s time to apply the color for your money piece.
- Processing Time: Allow sufficient processing time for the color to develop according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rinse and Condition: After waiting out the processing time, rinse out the color thoroughly with lukewarm water until it runs clear.
Remember, experimenting with different techniques and colors can be exciting, but it’s crucial to prioritize maintaining optimal hair health throughout these processes. When in doubt or if you’re hesitant about any step involved in creating a money piece on natural curly hair, seeking professional guidance is always advisable.