My friend Holly at Not a Perfect Mom’s Blog is celebrating her birthday today. Its her 29th for the 3rd time so she wrote a post Thirty-one things about her. Well my birthday is in January and instead of waiting and having to come up with 1 more thing about myself; I decided to do 1 today based on my current age. Thank you Holly for the idea!
1. I am the oldest of 3. The 3rd youngest of 13 grandchildren on the Ryan side and the oldest of 8 grandchildren on the Mullen side.
2. I have 3 kids, 2 sons and 1 daughter. Ages 21, 18, and 16 respectively.
3. My oldest although stationed in Hawaii, is currently serving in Okinawa Japan for 7 months.
4. My 2nd oldest son will be going to college away from home in January.
5. My youngest child is a Junior at WGHS and is a high honor student.
6. I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life. Finally, although I am not as small as I would like to be; I am finding myself loving me for me. Oddly this has caused me to lose weight..lol
7. Country Music is my favorite music; followed by classic rock and some of the top 20 music.
8. I enjoy shows that make me feel something-whether it is happiness or sadness.
9. Figuring out dinner is my pet peeve. I would be happy to eat the same thing all of the time. Oddly my 2 kids that live at home still do not share that same enthusiasm.
10. I don’t like big crowds. You won’t ever get me to go to a big stadium for a concert, sports event etc. I have to push myself to watch my kids play in sports when they have because all of those people freak me out on the inside.
11. I have a sense of humor; although some may not be able to relate to it; so most things that go on in my mind-stay there.
12. I wish I could enjoy alcoholic drinks – not because they would make me feel better… (well maybe) but some taste so good and yet anything like that gives me a headache; and I get those on my own without it.
13. I don’t like judgmental people; as they seem to forget “do not judge lest you be judged”.
14. I have been self-employed for 10 years and am always busy although my checking account doesn’t always show that.
15. I have degenerative disc disease of my neck and lower back; something I have lived with for over 10 years.
16. My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks; although I am now finding quite a few great ones at Promotional Book Tours.
17. I used to read a LOT and just recently have gotten myself back into it after a generous person gave me a Kindle for Christmas (ok early gift; but I use it daily).
18. As an adult I dread Christmas every year. Not because of the holiday itself but because I am a giver and it is frustrating when I don’t have the money I would like to spend on my spouse and children.
19. Before you comment- I do know for me what the real meaning of Christmas is; but for me it is a season of giving and that is where my frustration lies.
20. I enjoy my kids being older; especially when I see many bloggers who have small children and I wonder “how do they do it”?
21. I have been married for 17 years to someone I consider my best friend.
22. I feel guilty most of the time for things I can’t control and things I can control.
23. I have found that stress is a powerful thing.
24. My parents have been married for over 46 years in a loving relationship and they make me strive to attain that same thing.
25. I enjoy tradition and try to keep traditions from when I was a kid going with my own family.
26. In 1 1/2 years all 3 of my kids will be out of high school. (secretly i do look forward to that part)-
27. Yet I can’t believe that my kids will all be grown up.
28. I do web hosting and fix websites; I am all self-taught or have been taught by a person that mentored me. (more or less I never went to school for this).
29. I am not the best writer; but I try. If I felt my life was interesting enough I would write more about it.
30. I don’t like to wear nail polish; it makes my fingers feel like they are in coffins.
31. I have 2 ear piercings on each ear; but do not wear earrings cause they don’t feel right.
32. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding/engagement ring and a ring on my right hand that Roger got me early on in our marriage.
33. I like to paint my toe nails but rarely wear something that they show.
34. I could do without winter weather.
35. I would just a soon that the weather was 45 at night and 70s during the day all year round.
36. All 3 of my kids names start with a vowel.
37. My favorite foods are Mexican and seafood followed by Chinese.
38. When I was a kid I wanted to be a Police woman, and then a Psychologist.
39. I ended up being neither.
40. As I grow older I realize that death is inevitable; so I try not to take anyone for granted.
41. I went to California in September for Disney’s “Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3” dvd release. I was born in California but hadn’t been back since I was less than 1 year old-so it was quite a trip.
42. I spend more time with my online friends than my real life friends and that kinda makes me sad.
43. Coffee is my favorite-est drink, followed by iced tea and diet coke/pepsi.
So what is something about you I don’t know?
BTW; Thank you Holly for having me help you with your site; otherwise I wouldn’t have seen your post and Happy Birthday! to you.
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.