Odor eliminators break the odor so that the odor disappears and it does that without using any harmful chemicals. Most Pet Cleaners stains are tested properly so that the chemicals and ingredients used in them don’t harm the pet.
There are pet odor eliminators for carpet safety that are capable of neutralizing the odor so that the pet is also aware of what spot they should avoid.
Odor eliminators come in the shape of sprays, atomizers, candles as well as oils. It is important to pick the safest one as a pet owner. See how your pet is in terms of their temperament, if the puppy is very curious and energetic then candles would not be the ideal eliminator for them.
Image Source : Image.
6 Best Pet Odor Eliminators
We have a list of the best pet odor eliminators for you, everything you need to know about them with their Pros and Cons included.
This is the best smelling and the most effective pet odor eliminator that there is. The fun ingredient this one uses is the oil that is found in orange peels, it is a non-toxic and biodegradable eliminator. It can be sprayed anywhere your puppy is inclined to pee or poop, or wherever the odor is a problem. Keep in mind that it cannot be directly sprayed on the pet unless directly indicated. The tagline for this company is “smells like heaven and works like hell” so it is safe to presume that it is safe to use it around kids and pets. It can be used to eliminate the smell of a wet dog, can be sprayed on carpets, fabrics, hard surfaces, or even into the air. IT is available in concentrated formula and also as a premixed spray, you can choose which is more convenient for you.
- Can be used as many times as you like
- Can be used outdoors for urine and barn smells
- Can be preached in its full form or as a concentrated formula that can be mixed with water for use
- Strong orange fragrance, if you are not fond of citrus smells then you should avoid it.
- Some kids can be allergic to oranges so make sure you know what you are getting into.
This is a bacteria-based formula that uses enzymes to focus on the smell of urine, feces, vomit, and other pet stains and odors. This product works only till the odor or stain is a bother. It can be used on carpets, curtains, kitchen tiles, and other surfaces.it is ideal for an oopsie daisy moment that a puppy makes. How it works is that it eliminates the stink first and then works on shedding a light citrus scent on the area. The scent is that strong, it is very faint. After wiping the stain or discovering the pet odor just soak it with this cleaner and then clean the spot after 10 minutes with a clean cloth. Leave the area dry for 24 hours. This product is quite a reliable one.
- Available for both dog and cat odors
- Gives you a money-back guarantee.
- Can be used safely around pets as long as you use it as directed.
- Older stains require too much time
- The odor only fades when the product dries
- Without the correct saturation, the product might not completely work.
This is one of the safest odor eliminators that there is, it is used to eliminate the stink as well as the stain of a particular area without using any harmful chemicals in its ingredients. Enzymes are a primary ingredient in this product, it breaks down the odor and the stain once it comes in contact with them. The best part is that it only takes a couple of minutes to remove the stain and it doesn’t require a lot of man force to get rid of the stain. You can use this on carpets, floors, Kennels, Furniture, and even clothing. Once you pour some of this solution with warm water on the affected area, it will absorb the stain after which you repeat it a couple of times, you then wait 10 minutes, and voila the space is as good as new. You can vacuum over the area once it’s dried.
- This product is approved by the prestigious CRI (Carpet and Rug Institute)
- It is safe to use around kids and pets
- Very easy on the wallet
- It is color-safe
- It is chlorine-free
- Enzymes break the odor down till it’s gone.
- Older stains require all night to go away
- Can’t be applied to the skin of your pet
- Has a strong smell
This is one of the products that veterinarians can swear by, this is used for diaper pails and rugs and also to eliminate the odor of cat urine. It is often suggested by Vets when pets are going through diarrhea, it is quite effective. Customer reviews complain that the odor is not being eliminated but the stains are eradicated.
- It is eco friendly and biodegradable
- It is also safe to use around safe, no toxic chemicals are used
- It has been in the market since 1984, Vets swear by this product.
- Works on all organic waste scents including feces, smoke and even vomit
- You will need to pre-test the spot
- It removes the odor instead of masking it so it will take time.
This is one of the sprays that is designed to be used on the pet. It is a deodorizing pet spray that eliminates odor from things your dog might come in contact with at the park, from rabbit poop, vomit, urine, and skunk. It is suggested for Cocker Spaniels who have sensitive skin, the smell is not too strong as a scent but works as a buffer until it’s time for your dog’s next shower. Just spritz it lightly on your dog after his bath. It has no soap, no detergents and it is available in a variety of scents, our favorite being berry breeze, it is available in lime and coconut. It helps your dog stay and smell fresh and gives their fur a shiny and moisturizing touch.
- This is a cruelty-free product and is not tested on animals
- You can use this on dogs, cats, ferrets, hamsters, rabbits as well as other small animals.
- It is dye-free
- It soothes the coat
- It comes in handy for road trips, vacations, and parties.
- Some pets might be allergic to it
- The scent doesn’t last as long as you expect it to
6. Pet Stain & Odor Remover, Enzyme Cleaner, Odor Eliminator, Best Carpet Stain Remover, Pet Odor Eliminator,
This is an amazing product that lets you eliminate odor and carpet stain. There is a reason why there is so much emphasis on the carpet, it works best on them. It is an enzyme-based cleaning solution that removes the stains and is 100% organic, chemical-based eliminators can’t work as well as this one. You can use this to get rid of feces, vomit, blood, droll and the scent is quite amazing too. It is safe to use around pets and kids. It is a non-toxic product that is also quite easy on the pockets.
- Can be used effectively on indoor and outdoor surfaces
- Quite easy on the wallet
- Biodegradable and non-toxic products are made up of essential oils.
- Money-back guarantee if it doesn’t work
- Not ideal for winters
- Some reviews suggest that it has quite a strong stink
Things to consider when buying a Pet Odor Eliminators
There is never just one way to do the right thing, so to help you pick the ideal eliminator these are the things you can consider before buying the perfect odor and stink eliminator for your pet.
- Ingredients- If the eliminator promises to get rid of stains and stink then make sure you don’t go for anything that has formaldehyde, isopropyl alcohol, phenols, or bleach. Most of these ingredients are not perfectly safe for your pet.
- Safety Testing- There is an agency that takes care of this, it’s called The environmental protection agency (EPA) that guides pet parents to use EPA-registered products with EPA’s safer choice label which are considerably less harmful than some brands, you can find the EPA registered text on the products. Other products meet the standards made by US agriculture’s BioPreferred program which means they will have the USDA Bio preferred label on the said product.
- Usage- See what is ideal for your pet, you can have a spray that removes the odor or a solution that gets rid of the stain and the odor. Pets shouldn’t be inhaling unnecessary chemicals to see which product will get the desired result safely and efficiently.
- Eco friendly- Users now prefer the odor to disappear without it being toxic to the environment, some eliminators are plant-based and have natural extracts.
The best way is to potty train your puppy but this article will help too. Make sure you go for something environmentally friendly as well as pet friendly. Your pet deserves the world and we hope this article helps you make the right choice for them
How do I get rid of pet odor in my house?
You can use a good quality odor eliminator for your house, anything from our list would do. You can also use an air freshener however it won’t be as effective as a product that is specifically designed for pets. Out of these six products we are sure you will find the ideal product you are looking for.
What causes pet odors?
It is quite difficult to potty train a puppy, there will be a pattern that will occur during the training days of your dog. The urine smell of a dog usually lingers and if it’s not cleaned properly then the chances are it will never go away. Puppies also tend to return to the same spot to pee again so the chances of getting rid of the odor completely are quite difficult. Sometimes it is also possible for your dogs or cats to have Urinary Tract Infections, yeast infections,s or anal gland problems. The yeast infection might happen to their skin or paws and might end up stinking up the whole house. For these reasons, one should have safe products that help eliminate the odor.
Is there any way to prevent odors?
Yes, using a good odor eliminator that is safe and chemical-free can help prevent the odor, you can also potty train your puppy but even then it’s just always good to rely on a good odor eliminator.
Are pet odor neutralizers pet-friendly?
Depending on the ingredients, odor neutralizers can be pet-friendly. Pick the ones from our list, most of them are.
What's Your Reaction?
Deepak is a lover of nature and all things sporty. He loves to spend time outdoors, surrounded by the beauty of the natural world. Whether he's hiking, biking, or camping, Deepak enjoys being active and in touch with nature. He also loves to compete and push himself to his limits. Deepak is an avid cyclist, runner, and swimmer. He has competed in several triathlons and marathons, and is always looking for new challenges to take on.