Disclosure: We received a copy of Avengers Infinity War, and products to make our Infinity Stone Cookies in order to facilitate our review. All opinions are our own.
The most anticipated movie for Marvel fans. It’s come down to this: The showdown with Thanos (Josh Brolin) and the Avengers. But, the Avengers are also joined with The Guardians of the Galaxy for this epic battle!
I would recommend watching a few Marvel movies before watching Infinity War, so you get the whole storyline. I recommend watching Guardians of the Galaxy, 1 & 2, Thor, Ragnarok, and Avengers: Age of Ultron. These really set up Infinity War. That is if you want to truly follow the movie and not be lost!
In the movie, Thanos’ quest for the Infinity Stones takes him from space to Earth, where two of the Stones are located. He will have to fight against superheroes like Captain America (Cris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johanson), Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen).
I loved the movie for its action, it’s humor, and the storylines from past movies being continued. It is a must-see for anyone who loves superhero movies. It is non-stop action from beginning to end. If you’re a Marvel fan, like I am, you’ll want to keep watching for the end credits scene……no spoilers!
I think this is the best Marvel movie ever…..or, at least until Avengers 4 comes out next year!
About the Infinity Gauntlet
Forged out of precious Uru metal, the Infinity Gauntlet’s sole purpose is to harness the absolute power of the six Infinity Stones, which control the six essential aspects of existence:
Mind, Space, Time, Power, Reality and Soul.
Considered to be the most powerful object in the known universe, it’s capable of providing the wielder the ability to reshape reality at their whim. Which is why it has been the absolute focus of Thanos since he was made aware of its existence.
About The Infinity Stones
Blue- The Space Stone/ The Tesseract generates wormholes for travel to distant places.
Yellow- The Mind Stone/Vision gives you the ability to manipulate the minds of others.
Red- The Reality Stone/ The Aether has the power to transform matter.
Purple-The Purple Stone/Orb has the power to destroy whole civilizations.
Green-The Time Stone/ The Eye of Agamotto has the power to be able to alter and manipulate time.
Orange- The Soul Stone/Unknown has an unknown power!
Infinity Stone Sugar Cookies (y0u can print below)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and mix until combined.
Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix on low increasing the speed as needed. Add a little at a time and mix until combined.
Divide dough into 6 equal portions.
At this point, you can add the food color to your dough.
Wrap each portion in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 325° F
Let disk of dough stand at room temperature just until soft enough to roll, about 10 minutes.
Cut out your Infinity Stone Shapes. You can use a soccer ball shape or just a circle.
Remove the excess dough and place the mat with the cutouts in the freezer until the dough is very firm about 15 minutes.
Bake for 7-11 minutes. Baking times will vary so keep a close eye on them. Remove from oven and let them cool on wire racks.
How to Color Cookie Dough:
Divide the cookie dough into 6 equal parts. Mix in the food gels of colors needed. (Amazon Affiliate Link)
Keep adding and mixing until you get the exact shade of the color you want. I think we added 6-8 drops for some of the colors.
Use food Safe gloves or you might end up with rainbow colored hands.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and mix until combined.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix on low increasing the speed as needed.
- Add a little at a time and mix until combined.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions.
- At this point, you can add the food color to your dough.
- Wrap each portion in plastic wrap. (or wax paper)
- Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Let disk of dough stand at room temperature just until soft enough to roll, about 10 minutes.
- Cut out your Infinity Stone Shapes.
- Remove the excess dough and place the mat with the cutouts in the freezer until the dough is very firm about 15 minutes.
- Bake for 7-11 minutes. (we did 15 minutes)
- Baking times will vary so keep a close eye on them.
- Remove from oven and let them cool on wire racks. (or aluminum foil)
- Some of our balls were smaller than others so I think we ended up with about 3-4 dozen.
- How to Color Cookie Dough:
- Divide the cookie dough into 6 equal parts.
- Mix in the food gels of colors needed.
- Keep adding and mixing until you get the exact shade of the color you want.
- Use food Safe gloves or you might end up with rainbow colored hands.
“Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War” is a must-own addition to every in-home film collection and is packaged several ways so that fans get the most out of their viewing experience. Consumers who experience the ultimate showdown Digitally will join a 30-minute roundtable with Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) directors Anthony and Joe Russo, Jon Favreau, Joss Whedon, James Gunn, Ryan Coogler, Peyton Reed and Taika Waititi who reflect on how their movies contribute to the MCU’s larger storytelling adventure.
The 4K Cinematic Universe Edition’s never-before-seen bonus material grants behind-the-scenes access to MCU members and features the memorable moments when characters first meet, the rationale behind some unexpected on-screen pair-ups, and a funny Super Hero gag reel. Featurettes explore the frighteningly powerful Thanos and two action-packed attempts to prevent his collection of all six Infinity Stones: the struggle on Titan and the massive battle in Wakanda. Deleted scenes and filmmaker commentary reveal even more on-set secrets from Marvel Studios’ monumental undertaking.
The Multi-Screen Edition includes a Blu-ray and a Digital Copy of the film, giving viewers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices. Those with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K Cinematic Universe Edition, which includes a 4K Ultra HD disc, a Blu-ray, and a Digital Copy.
And for those who wish to catch up on their MCU history, select retailers are also offering bundled packaging as well as individual Digital and Physical releases of “Marvel’s The Avengers” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
- A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.
In “Avengers: Infinity War,” members from every MCU franchise must sacrifice like never before in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe. The film stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Hulk, Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Don Cheadle as Colonel James Rhodes/War Machine, Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Paul Bettany as Vision, Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Idris Elba as Heimdall, Danai Gurira as Okoye, Peter Dinklage as Eitri, Benedict Wong as Wong, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Dave Bautista as Drax, featuring Vin Diesel as Groot, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, with Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, with Benicio Del Toro as The Collector, with Josh Brolin as Thanos, and Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord.
Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Infinity War” is directed by Emmy® Award–winning directors Anthony and Joe Russo from an original screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. Kevin Feige produced the film, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo, Trinh Tran, Jon Favreau, James Gunn and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.
Directors Anthony and Joe Russo’s creative team includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Elysium”), production designer Charles Wood (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “The Matrix”), editors Jeffrey Ford, ACE (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron”), and Matthew Schmidt (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”), three-time Oscar®-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”), visual effects supervisor Dan DeLeeuw (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: Civil War”), six-time Oscar®–nominated special effects supervisor Dan Sudick (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Black Panther”), and stunt coordinator Sam Hargrave (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Atomic Blonde”).
Based on the Marvel comic franchise first published in 1963, “Avengers: Infinity War” continues the lineage of epic big-screen adventures chronicled in “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Ant-Man,” “Captain America: Civil War,” “Doctor Strange,” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” and “Black Panther.”
DISC SPECIFICATIONS (applies to film content only):
Feature Run Time: Approximately 149 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 2.39
UHD BD: English Dolby Atmos, Latin Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Brazilian Portuguese, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
UHD Digital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms), English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
SD Digital: English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
UHD Subtitles: English SDH, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, French Canadian
BD Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Brazilian Portuguese & Latin Spanish
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish
Digital Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish
Digital & DVD Captions: English
Wife, mother, grandma, blogger, all wrapped into one person, although it does not define her these are roles that are important to her. From empty nesters to living with our oldest and 2 grandchildren while our house is rebuilt after a house fire in 10/2018 my life is something new each day.