Purchasing a new car is exciting, but it can also be a long process. This fact is especially true if you have many car dealers to choose from, such as in Watertown, New York. Whether you are looking to buy a brand new one, or a used one, there are numerous options for you to choose from, and Honda is a particular favorite brand.
This article will give you tips on selecting the right car dealer to narrow down those options for you.
- Know the reputation of the car dealer.
Most evidently, if you are buying from second-hand Honda dealers, you must know and research their reputation. Choose the Honda dealer that has an outstanding reputation in terms of car quality, customer service, and services offered.
Here’s what you should do:
- Ask for feedback from previous clients.
- Ask any friend or family member that is a local of Watertown, or people who have purchased a Honda car in the area.
- Check the website or social media site of the Honda dealers in Watertown, or close to Watertown, such as www.shophondacity.com/, so that you can check the recommendation and rating section.
- Look for any reviews on their social media and websites, as well.
- Research for any local car forums online, and ask car enthusiasts and second-hand car owners on who they can recommend in Watertown, New York.
- Ask any car expert if that particular dealer is highly-recommended.
- Choose the location that is most convenient for you.
Watertown is a relatively big locality. If you live in the same, or a neighboring town or district, you should consider the location of the car dealer, since your visits to the car dealer don’t end up on the final purchase of the car, and it will have to incur periodic maintenance.
Also, it’s normal for a vehicle to have minor issues in the future. Hence, you have to choose a Honda dealer that caters convenience when it comes to their location. You wouldn’t want to go to the hassle of traveling far, just to get your car checked or fixed.
- Check the showrooms and availability.
Not all showrooms have every the Honda model in the display. Many showrooms only display the latest Honda models, for the apparent reason that these new car releases need to be marketed more.
If you’re looking to buy a particular model for your first car, and some of your prospective car dealers currently don’t have one on hand, choose the car dealer that takes the least time for your car order to arrive.
- Speak with the car dealer manager.
When you’re still in the process of selecting a car, you will be spending a lot of time talking with sales representatives. If you focus on communicating with them, you can get lost in a sea of sales representatives who are naturally confident and knowledgeable with cars, their services, and the like.
Keep in mind, however, that you will not be dealing with these sales representatives anymore after you’ve closed your purchase. Their job ends up on the final sale. The real heavy work belongs to the manager, servicemen, and even the secretaries or customer service representatives.
Give yourself the time to talk with any of them, so that you can gauge their experience on the following:
- They are patient and hospitable with clients.
- They also have a wide knowledge of car models and troubleshooting problems.
- Choose the car dealership that offers excellent warranties.
The selling price of a Honda car will most likely be fixed, no matter which car dealership you choose. The difference will lie on the discounts that they can offer you. For example, if you pay the car in full or in cash upon purchasing, rather than on an installment basis.
Other offers that you should also factor in are:
- Warranties offered on the car and their services/
- Freebies, such as free car registration, a free annual checkup for a year, free car tinting, and others.
Any amount that you can save on costs is already a great deal, especially when buying something as expensive as a car.
Buying a car, and narrowing down your dealership options can be quite daunting, but it doesn’t have to be the case all the time. You keep these tips in mind, to ensure that you will choose the best Honda car dealer in Watertown. Remember that as the owner of the Honda car, you will need to maintain a close relationship with your dealer.
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.