Disclosure: We received this product in order to facilitate our review. All opinions are my own.
If your Dad loves to be outside but wants to keep connected in any weather then the Talkabout T600 H2O Series is just what he is looking for. Whether it be camping, hiking or just sitting out by the pool he will be so excited to have his Talkabout right by his side.
About the Talkabout T600 H20 Series
You will love the Talkabout because it is rugged, fully waterproof and has emergency features and with a 35-mile range it will keep you connected and protected during any extreme outdoor activities. It is full of top-of-the-line radio features, including the ability to float and also a flashlight that it is water-activated. The flashlight also has a red LED to preserve night vision.
Due to its exceptional capabilities, you will be able to count on the T600 H20 series to give you reliable communications while you are out on your boat or at your camping spot.
The T600 comes in 2 models. First, the T600 H20 which includes 2 radios, 2 whistle belt clips, 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries, one Y cable charging adaptor which has a dual micro-USB connector and one user guide. Second, there is the T605 H20 which includes everything that the T600 does plus you will get a carry case and a car charger!
- How far can I expect my radios to communicate?
“The communication range quoted is calculated based under optimum conditions, with an unobstructed line of sight. Actual range will vary depending on terrain and conditions, and is often less than maximum possible. Your actual range will be limited by several factors including, but not limited to, terrain, weather conditions, electromagnetic interference and obstructions.” -from their website
Always Be Prepared for What is Coming Your Way
You will be ready for an emergency because this radio includes an emergency alert feature which allows you to enjoy your time in the outdoors. You can feel good knowing that while you are out with others you can be alerted of any dangers that may be on their way to you. When the alert button is activated, the radio transmits an alert siren followed by spoken or incidental sound transmissions. This will then allow you to send the signal to other radios and warn them of upcoming danger.
Know the Weather In Advance
Keep updated with real-time weather conditions by turning on one of 11 weather channels or initiating weather alerts. NOAA radio service may not be available in all areas. Check with your local weather office for frequency and details, or visit www.weather.gov/nwr (Canada: www.msc.ec.gc.ca/msb/weatheradio).
What I love the most about the T600
- Use the VibraCall™ feature where ringing can be intrusive.
- There are two ways to power your radio: use the included NiMH rechargeable batteries for up to 9 hours or use three AA batteries for up to 23 hours.
- Enjoy hours of uninterrupted outdoor activities by selecting a high capacity battery. (High capacity battery sold separately.)
- With iVOX/VOX acting like a speakerphone and allowing hands-free communication, you can keep on moving without stopping to answer a call.
- There are 20 call tones so you can set them to people that may try to get a hold of you and you will know who’s call tone is who’s.
- These radios are compatible with any radios.
- The keypad lock is a plus so that if little fingers get a hold of your radio you do not have to worry about them contacting someone in error.
Visit their website and social media below
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.