Literally, after ages, the road trip plan is now going to be successful! (Yayyy)
We feel ya, mate!
Exciting and invigorating at the same time, isn’t it?
Don’t you want to come back with the same enthusiasm after your memorable trip? Well, obviously you do.
In order to make sure that your road trip turns out to be awesome and you remember the little things about it (all the good ones), remember that ‘Preparation is the key’.
Whether you are going during the summer months or over Easter or Hanukkah, the right preparation will ensure a safe road trip.
That being said, we have already made things easier for you by mentioning the vital things you must pay attention to before hitting the road. Read on and find out.
- Check if your car is ready to accompany you
Is your car road-trip-ready?
You NEED to find this out by consulting your local mechanic. Ask him to conduct a thorough check of your vehicle well in advance so that there’s ample time to fix any problems.
The checks should include things like:
- All the tires and whether they are properly inflated or not
- Check the engine
- See if all lights are working fine or not
- Level of wear and tear on the brake pads
- Condition of oil filter/ air filter
- Windscreen wiper
- Battery check
- Look if the spare tire is perfect in all aspects
And of course, get your car cleaned before you head out. You obviously would want your car to steal some stares due to its tidy and shiny appearance, don’t you? 😉
- Keep maps handy
Agreed, technology today is the master of all.
However, you have to agree that it has its downsides too. (Remember your phone’s battery draining out in the most crucial of times?)
It’s good to rely on Google maps and phone GPS but these too shall fail if you are traveling through secluded areas that lack appropriate internet connectivity.
So, it’s good to have an alternative. And, physical maps are the best guiding light!
- Do not forget any of THESE essentials
There are a few ‘must-haves’ for your road trip besides the obvious good music, snacks and drinking water!
The same are as follows:
- First aid kit
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Mobile phone charger
- Car manual and all-important car documents
- Medication (if needed)
- A small and warm blanket (if you’re traveling in winters)
Remember, any road trip is incomplete without this aforementioned stuff! So, include them in your backpack and then head out.
Some Final Tips
- Do not overpack or let any items obstruct the back window or the blind spots
- Carry a spare set of car keys (just in case of an emergency)
- Refuel as you get a chance (it’s always wise)
- When traveling to remote areas, it’s best to carry spare fuel along
- Always lock your car (even if you plan to get down just for a few seconds)
PREVENTION is better than CURE, don’t you agree with us?
Well, do what it takes to be completely safe during a road trip even if it involves wearing a Condor chest rig or carrying a swiss knife (We’re obviously kidding with this!)
You got the point right?
Follow the aforementioned tips and you shall be assured of a memorable road trip. Happy road tripping! 🙂
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.