We are living in a world where everything is becoming digital, and that includes our homes. We’re going beyond anything we ever imagined by controlling our homes with our smartphones. Builders face the challenges of adding smart devices and ports to homes today, and even things like solar panels are becoming more and more popular. However, if you are looking to make a significant investment – a smart investment – in your home, there are plenty of ways to do it!
Smart homes are becoming the norm, from the doorbell to the lights. With the right planning, you can ensure that you are going to be living in a home that responds to your needs as you need them.
- Smart Heating. You can control the temperature of your home to exactly how you want it to be when you come in from work. You can see how much energy your home is consuming in real-time, which can help you to be more efficient with your utilities.
- Smart Appliances. You can find most appliances are intelligent appliances today, with everyday conveniences being controlled and delivered from the palm of your hand. The diagnostics are more accessible with smart appliances, as engineers can tap into your device and see the problem before they arrive.
- Locks. Smart locks can work alongside a critical system, unlocking and locking your doors wherever you are. You can add alarm systems and smart locks that can tell you when someone leaves the house – and when someone enters. You could be at work and know if someone is breaking into your home. Now, that’s smart!
- Smart Lighting. The best GU10 Smart bulbs can be programmed to turn on and off according to your own schedule. You can use different lighting programs throughout the day, and these can save energy and thus, money, in the long term. Smart lighting can be programmed to your needs in the day time, too, so that you can save money even when you’re at work.
- Control Home Hubs. Home hubs can control the entire smart system of the house at the touch of a screen. You can control everything from the temperature to the security, the lighting, and the locks, and it’s all in one place. The home automation hubs can allow you to set up schedules for all of it so that you know that your family is going to be safe at all times. No matter where you are, you can ensure that your house is protected. You can even try smart solutions to ensure that you are saving energy at all before you fully commit.
Customizing your home gives you a whole new perspective on how to live a comfortable life. You can even ensure that you are adding lights to the right time of day with your phone, and you can keep your children safe after school, too. There’s nothing better than a smart home in the world today, so why not start planning for yours now?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.