If you are looking for an ideal setting for your wedding reception, anniversary party, or a corporate gathering, look no further than the Nearwood Winery and Vineyards. They have everything you need for your special day…
Beautiful Location | Indoor and Outdoor Set Up | Wine Made From Grapes Grown Right on Site | Host, and Hostess with the Mostess!
Owners Mike Van Natta and Joann Schissel will make you and your guests feel welcome. They have put their hearts, souls (and a lot of back-breaking work) into their facility, which they can be truly proud of. Mikes love of the art of Viticulture is apparent from the moment he begins to talk about the process of growing grapes and producing wine. Joann loves wine too, but her art leans more towards the actual arts. She is a talented chalk artist, and her work is displayed throughout. If you are interested, you can commission a custom piece from her.
- Approximately 2,000 sq. ft. of public entertainment/gathering space with a stage for performance or presentation
- Two non-gender large restrooms complete with showers
- Outdoor patio spaces with a view of rolling hills, vineyard, and horse pasture
- Directly off Hwy 14 – no travel on gravel roads, located 2 miles south of Knoxville, 3 miles from the racetrack
- Parking area (gravel) with hard-service handicap space. Can accommodate most RV/buses
- Free wifi and cable TV
- Audio-Visual equipment: screen, projector, mic, speaker
- Working winery processing and bottling area available for the tour upon request
- Six 60″ round tables, three 8′ rectangle tables, several small round tables, all with table coverings, black chairs
- Kitchen with stove, microwave, toaster oven, refrigerator, 4 sinks
- Two different room lighting options: party lights or task lighting
- A large outdoor area is available. Can customize with the tent up to 60′ x 40′
- An acre of vineyards with a scenic view
I was fortunate to spend a relaxing work day (with two of my fellow friends/blogger) at Nearwood, with Mike and Joann. We were treated to a tour of the winery and vineyards, a lesson on winemaking, and they even threw in lunch and wine tastings. They produce dry, semi-sweet, and sweet wines from their own crop or their grapes mixed with other grapes grown in Iowa and Missouri. Tastings are encouraged at the many events held each month. They keep their calendar up to date, and working with the community gives them a great deal of pleasure.
Nearwood Winery and Vineyards is located at the top of a rolling hill on Hwy. 14, just 2 miles south of Knoxville, IA.
— BeckyWillis (@BeckyWillis) May 28, 2019
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.