Classic Cinderella is Turning 70
It seems like just yesterday I was a little girl watching the Classic Cinderella on DVD, or even on DVD with my kids when they were little. Now I am able to watch it with my grandchildren! I am very thrilled that the Classic Cinderella is turning 70 and it is waltzing into the Walt Disney Signature Collection.
In honor of its 70th anniversary, the timeless animated classic Cinderella waltzes into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and the hearts of a whole new generation! This enchanting tale will be arriving on Digital and Movie Anywhere June 18 and Blu-ray and DVD June 25, Geeks Who Eat has created a themed cheese plate inspired by Gus Gus! Take a look at the recipe below.
Geeks-Who-Eat-Recipe Gus-Gus Cheeses
You can download the PDF at the link above!
In honor of its upcoming 70th anniversary, the timeless animated classic, Cinderella, waltzes into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and the hearts of a whole new generation. The enchanting tale, which showed us that dreams really do come true — and inspired countless fans to reenact the Royal Ball and Cinderella’s infamous midnight dash — arrives home Digitally in HD and Movies Anywhere on June 18, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on June 25.
I’ve always loved GUS! I mean he is so cute and loveable. The only mouse besides Mickey I just want to hug.
The Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella” offers two all-new extras: “Cinderella” trivia and fun facts, hosted by Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s “Sydney to the Max,” and “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition,” a special edition of “Cinderella” featuring fascinating production details, original storyboards, archival photos, thumbnail sketches and transcripts throughout the feature film. Hours of classic bonus material celebrates the masterful animation, memorable music and long-lasting impact of “Cinderella,” showcasing Walt Disney’s core group of animators, the art of Disney Legend Mary Blair, the original demo recording of the film’s title song and Cinderella’s iconic glass slipper.
Recently added to the prestigious National Film Registry, the animated classic centers on the kind and hardworking Cinderella, who is ordered around by her cruel stepmother, her awful stepsisters — even the big clock in the church tower tells her when to start another day of drudgery. But they can’t stop her from dreaming, and Cinderella has faith that someday her wishes will come true. When an invitation to the royal ball arrives, Cinderella is sure her time has come — until her stepsisters, with the encouragement of Lady Tremaine, tear her gown to shreds. Just when Cinderella believes all is lost, her Fairy Godmother appears, and with a wave of her wand and “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo,” transforms an ordinary pumpkin into a magnificent coach and Cinderella’s rags into a gorgeous gown, then sends her off to the Royal Ball. But Cinderella’s enchanted evening must end when the spell is broken at midnight. It will take the help of her daring animal mice friends and a perfect fit into a glass slipper to create the ultimate fairy tale ending.
“Cinderella” is the ninth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan” and “The Little Mermaid.”
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- Try This Trivia on for Size – Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
- In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches, and transcripts.
- Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro – In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
- The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
- Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
- The Magic of the Glass Slipper – World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
THE ART OF CINDERELLA
- Concept Art – View a gallery of concept art from the feature’s production.
- Character Model Sheets – View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature’s production.
- Story Sketches – View a gallery of story sketches from the feature’s production.
- Live-Action Reference – View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
- Pencil Animation – View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature’s production.
- Behind-the-Scenes Stills – View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature’s production.
- Feature Stills – View a gallery of stills from the feature.
MUSIC AND MORE
- “Cinderella” Title Song
- “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”
- “Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale”
- “The Work Song”
- “So This Is Love”
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Product SKUs: Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code), Digital HD/SD
Feature Run Time: Approximately 75 minutes
Rating: G in the US and Canada
Aspect Ratio: 16×9 1.33:1
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA; Spanish & French Dolby Digital 5.1; and English 1.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, Spanish, and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
Digital Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
Digital & DVD Captions: English
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.