Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars Recipe
These chocolate chip peanut butter cookie bars recipe is excellent. My husband referred to them as heavenly bars that melt in your mouth. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tbsp peanut butter creamy
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven 325 degrees f. Combine flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Cream butter/or margarine, shortening and peanut butter.
- Gradually add both sugars on low speed.
- Mix until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Press into cookie sheet (I used a jelly roll pan/cookie sheet 11″x17″x7.5″). I used wax paper to get it to press into the pan to help with the mess, until all of the dough was evenly spread.
- Bake 22 minutes or until light brown. Makes over 36 small bars.
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.