Christmas Tree Spritz Cookies & More….
When I was a little girl my Grandma Ryan was a big cookie maker. This cookie was always one she made; and they were always delicious. When I got married and was on my own, Grandma gave me a cookie press. Over 25 years later, I still have that cookie press today. It is the color of copper, and the ‘butt end’ is bent but it still works and makes these delicious cookies today.
When my kids were little they enjoyed ‘picking’ the color and the shape of their cookie that year. One year we had yellow camels, one year red trees; but one year my oldest picked blue dogs. As you can tell that was a year to remember. This recipe I am sharing is the one I use the most. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Green Food Coloring or your choice
- Cream butter and sugar well. Beat in egg and almond extract.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients which have been sifted together and tint dough with a few drops of green food coloring. Mix Well.
- Fill cookie press. Form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets, using tree plate No. 21 if your press plates have numbers or the one that looks like a tree.
- Decorate with tiny candies. (optional). Bake. at 375 degrees.
- Remove at once to cooling racks.
You can purchase a cookie press for a fairly decent price. This also makes a great gift for the baker in your family! This Wilton Comfort Grip Cookie Press can be purchased on Amazon and comes with all you need to make these awesome tasting cookies!
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.