DIY: Cinnamon Cut-Outs
If you would like some easy decorations for your tree, or in a bowl on top of cedar tips or small pine boughs. If you make them larger before they dry you can put a hole in the top with a straw to hang them from your tree or a swag.
- ¾ c cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground clove
- ½ c applesauce (warmed in microwave)
- 2 tbsp. white glue
- Preheat oven to 250
- Mix ingredients in lg bowl
- Knead to stiff dough
- Cut with cookie cutters
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- If using for ornaments, poke a hole , using a straw.
- Bake 1 hr. Makes 8-12 lg size or 24 miniature
You can purchase or use your cookie cutters you already have OR you can usually purchase small ones at a local store.