Homemade Holiday Eggnog
When I was a kid my favorite ‘job' of the holidays was making the homemade eggnog. After many years I finally got it to where I feel it is as close as I can get next to purchasing it. Do you have a favorite Christmas time/ Holiday drink?
I hope you enjoy mine!
- 1 dozen eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 quarts milk
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In large saucepan, beat together eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and just coats a metal spoon. Stir in vanilla.
- Cool quickly by setting pan in bowl of ice or cold water and stirring for a few minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, several hours or overnight.
- Pour into bowl or pitcher. Fold in whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately with one or several of the following: ground nutmeg, shaved chocolate, peppermint sticks, maraschino cherries, cinnamon sticks, whipping cream, whipped, ice cream, flavored brandy or liqueur, brandy, rum or whiskey.
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.