Wedding favors can be an inexpensive and creative way to thank your wedding guests for joining you in celebrating one of the biggest days of your life. However, the process of choosing the perfect wedding favor can prove to be quite challenging.
Firstly, you need to take your wedding venue into consideration. For instance, if you decide to give out candy at an outdoor wedding party in the middle of the summer, they might end up melting. Secondly, you need to determine what your budget is. It will give you a general idea of what kind of wedding favors you can afford.
Lastly, you need to choose the wedding favors that you would like to give out. Do you want to surprise your wedding guests with something original? If that is the case, then you might want to take a look at our list of alternative wedding favor ideas. Check it out!
Why not surprise your wedding guests with an opportunity to hit the jackpot? All you need to do is have a look at a lottery information aggregator out there and choose the one that best fits the theme of your wedding! It should make your wedding party a fun and memorable one. When buying tickets online, remember to double check the legitimacy of the ticket provider. Read the WinTrillions review if you want to learn more about an example of a trustworthy online lottery ticket seller.
Luminous mini lanterns are a great alternative wedding favor. After all, they come in a variety of different shapes, colors, and sizes. Because of that, you can make the lanterns match the theme of your wedding with ease!
For instance, if you love flowers and the whole venue is decorated with all kinds of flowers, you can give your guests floral lanterns! Taking this into consideration, it should come as no surprise that mini lanterns have become a big hit among couples.
Have you considered giving your wedding guests petite candles? Thanks to the ease with which they can be personalized, they are a great alternative wedding favor! You can choose from many different smells, colors, and shapes. Sounds great, right?
It is very likely that the vast majority of your wedding guests like colorful and tasty sweets. Why not give them a few swirl lollipops? The bright colors will surely make them look appealing to your guests and make them remember their taste for a long time.
You can either buy the lollipops or make them on your own! Making them requires only a few ingredients. You need a bunch of white and pink candies, candy melts, sprinkles, lollipop sticks, and a silicone mold. Then, you just need to follow this short recipe!
- Melt the white candy melts in a microwave oven or use some other method to melt the candy melts quickly.
- Pour melted candy into the flower mold. Place the stick into each lollipop so that it stands on its own.
- Use a brush to paint the surface of the lollipop with pink melted candy, which will take about 5 minutes. (This is where you get your swirl effect.)
- Top each lollipop with sprinkles.
- Give your lollipops some time so that they can harden completely.
- Remove the lollipops from their molds and place them in an airtight container. And you are done! It is that simple!
Succulent plants are among one of the best alternative wedding favor ideas. Why is that the case? Here are a few reasons that you might want to take into consideration.
- They are unique. Many people do not think about giving plants to their guests.
- They are extremely easy to care for. Succulents are not high-maintenance plants. They do not require frequent watering and special care.
- Your guests will be able to use the plant as a decoration in their homes after the wedding. They can place it on their windowsill or on a table. The plant can live for several years if properly cared for and if provided with the right soil or potting mix.
If you want to give your guests something pretty and meaningful, then succulents make for a great wedding favor. Many people enjoy having plants but they do not have enough time to take care of them.
While it might seem wasteful to give them yet another plant, you do not have to worry about that with succulent plants, because succulents are extremely easy to care for. And even though your friends and family may not consider themselves gardeners, they will definitely enjoy this thoughtful gift from you and your partner.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there is a bunch of alternative wedding favor ideas out there that you can make use of. You do not have to limit yourselves to something overused and boring, such as magnets or pins.
Moreover, the ideas covered in this article are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to wedding favors for your wedding guests. You might want to consider giving them personalized mugs or coffee sleeves.
Lastly, remember not to overspend! There are many more things that you will need to take care of while preparing for your wedding. Because of that, you should not worry about wedding favors too much. Just go for something that both you and your partner think is appropriate. Good luck!