INTO THE WOODS – In Theatres Everywhere Tonight + Fun Facts!!!
The wait is finally over and INTO THE WOODS (nominated for 3 Golden Globes including Best Picture, Best Actress Emily Blunt and Best Supporting Actress Meryl Streep) is now playing in theatres everywhere beginning tonight!!! In celebration, I wanted to send around some fun facts on the movie.
Also here is a link to download the soundtrack because if you love the music , you will want to listen to it on repeat!
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyIntoTheWoods
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/intothewoods
Check out on Tumblr: http://intothewoodsmovie.tumblr.com/
Follow on Pinterest
Visit the official site
This movie is rated PG and is now playing in theatres everywhere!
FILMMAKING FACTS :
- Production on “Into the Woods” began in September, 2013 at Shepperton Studios and on
locations throughout England.
- Stephen Sondheim has received eight Tony® Awards, more than any other composer in
history. He has won seven times: Best Music and Best Lyrics for “Company” (1971); and Best
Score for “Follies” (1972), “A Little Night Music” (1973), “Sweeney Todd” (1979), “Into the
Woods” (1988) and “Passion” (1994). His eighth honor was a 2008 Special Tony Award for
Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre.
- The foundation of the Woods set, built on Stage H at Shepperton Studios, was made up of
2,000 tons of soil, over 600 ferns, acres and acres of ivy and countless pallets of moss and turf.
- 95 percent of the trees used on the Woods set were real trees, which included 30-foot pine
trees and hundreds of 25-foot oak tree branches, the leaves of which had to be removed and replaced with artificial ones (so they would last longer). The remaining five percent were full-sized whimsical trees constructed from plaster.
- There were four cows cast to play Milky-White. Their names were Tug, Diamond, Two Fold
- Rapunzel’s hair in the film is 20 feet long. The braid is made from real hair and weighs
almost six pounds.
- The music for the film was pre-recorded over a two-week period at Angel Studios in London
with a 56-piece orchestra, composed of some of the best musicians from the London
Symphony Orchestra and London Philharmonic.
Enjoy Into the Woods, and let me know what you think.
Wife, mother, grandma, blogger, all wrapped into one person, although it does not define her these are roles that are important to her. From empty nesters to living with our oldest and 2 grandchildren while our house is rebuilt after a house fire in 10/2018 my life is something new each day.