This is my version of French Bread Pizzas but instead, I call them Italian Bread Pizzas. Homemade seems always to be better than the freezer section. Also not as expensive; especially if you already have some of the ingredients on hand.
What Can You Put on Your Italian Bread Pizza?
The possibilities are endless. You can do your normal mozzarella, pepperoni, or like the picture above you can add fresh grape tomatoes, celery, and bacon.
One of my favorites is black olives and pineapple! Yummmm.
What you will need for this French Bread Pizza:
1 or 2 loaves of Italian Bread (from the bakery section of your store)
1 or 2 jars/cans of Pizza sauce (I usually buy the store brand)
1 or 2 bags of Mozzarella Cheese shredded to your liking
Pepperoni (or any favorite meat topping)
Grape Tomatoes cut in pieces
Any other toppings you see fit.
- 1 or 2 loaves of Italian Bread (from the bakery section of your store)
- 1 or 2 jars/cans of Pizza sauce (I usually buy the store brand)
- 1 or 2 bags of Mozzarella Cheese shredded to your liking
- Black Olives
- Pepperoni (or any favorite meat topping)
- Pineapple Chunks
- Grape Tomatoes cut in pieces
- Any other toppings you see fit.
- First I cut the Italian Bread loaf (loaves) in half then cut those halves across the middle.
- Next, I add my sauce, & toppings.
- Bake at 375-400 degrees (depending on your oven), for about 15 minutes (less if you don't want them as 'crunchy') you can determine how you would like them.
If you buy 1 loaf of Italian bread that will yield 4 servings. They are quite large so you may want to cut them in half again if you would like to have them be smaller portions.
You Can Pin this Recipe for later…
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.