Hearty Beef Stew
When I was contacted to review the Easy Touch 6 quart Crock-Pot I was so excited because we love using a crock-pot in our home. I was also offered 3 Mixes to try. The mixes are called “Hearty Beef Stew, BBQ Pulled Pork, and Savory Pot Roast”. I actually made the “Hearty Beef Stew” first but I was so excited to try it I forgot to take pictures….So I tried again. The thing is my family usually doesn't have a roast during the week and I wanted to make my recipe.
So instead of making a pot roast, I used the Savory Pot Roast mix and made my own version of our stew with the packet and a few of my favorite additions. Here is my recipe:
- 2 pounds Beef Round Steak lean cut into small pieces
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 6 Medium to Large Russett Potatoes (cut into cubes/pieces with skins on)
- 5 stalks celery cut into big pieces
- 1 onion chopped into larger pieces
- ⅛ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 Packet of Savory Pot Roast Mix (follow directions on packet)
- enough water to cover (about 4 cups and 4 beef bouillon)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- Put cubed meat, cut up potatoes, baby carrots whole, chunks of celery, cut up onion
- into crockpot.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients above.
- Follow directions on Savory Pot Roast mix and pour over meat and vegetables.
- I turn on the crock-pot and put on 8 hours (or 6 hours if you need it done earlier).
- Do not remove top while cooking.
The Easy Touch Crock-Pot comes with 4,6,8, & 10 hour settings plus a warm setting which makes it great to know just how long it will be cooking. The ceramic, removable crock is easy to wash, along with the glass lid. This crock-pot is wonderful.
**Disclaimer** I was not paid in monetary compensation for this review. I did however receive 1-6 quart Easy Touch Crock pot and 3 seasoning mixes.**
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.