Disclosure: I was sent a Mealthy HandBlend Immersion Blender in order to facilitate my review. All opinions are 100% my own.
I will be honest that this review has taken me a bit longer than some because it asked for my “signature dish” for the holidays. I asked my husband and his exact words were “you do not have one”. You are more the homemade cookies, desserts etc. Nothing that I normally make for the holidays would use a handblend immersion blender. Our family’s traditions for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are finger food snacks. So that could be another reason. Lastly, we lost our home on 10.12 to a house fire which left us with nothing but what we were wearing that day, my computer (because it was going with me to watch my grandchildren, and my purse). I lost all of my recipes, you know the ones that were written by my Grandma or from my Grandmas’ recipes.
So to be fully transparent I wasn’t sure after I had accepted the offer to review the Mealthy Handblend Immersion Blender, I was really up for the task. After much thought, I decided to do Homemade Milkshakes because right now due to our fire, and my daughter-in-law leaving my son and my 2 grandchildren (exactly one month before the fire) we are living with them. This right now is our life. The laughs, the making memories, the whining, crying, homework and of course love and FUN.
When I offered to make the grandkids homemade milkshakes their eyes lit up. We made a vanilla peanut butter cup milkshake for their Daddy, and then “Oreo” cookie flavored milkshakes for them. Zakary delivered his Daddy’s to him and said, “Here sir is your special milkshake, made by us”.
About the Mealthy HandBlend Immersion Blender
As a friend said, it slices, dices, blends, mixes….I told her she sounded like a commercial. I have to say it is sleek. I have owned a handblender before, but nothing compared to this beauty. The motor/handle area is sturdy and easy to attach to the different attachments.
- Ultra-Sharp Blades
- Stainless-steel construction
- 10 Speed Settings
- Turbo for a burst of speed and power (you will feel like you have ‘Hulk muscles’ as Zakary mentioned to me later.
- Chops ice
- No tears with chopping onions as it is fast and furious.
- Prepping for soups and casseroles is a breeze with the extra-roomy chopper bowl attachment which is also included.
- Making whipping cream will be so easy now. Last year I made it and it took forever.
- Vanilla Ice Cream 3-4 Scoops
- 3-8 Oreo Cookies or non-name brand
- Milk 2-3 cups (depending on how big you are making)
- Variations include Peanut butter cups, reese pieces, m&ms you get the idea.
- Scoop Ice Cream into Mealthy Immersion HandBlend Container
- Add cookies 3 (for light up to 8 for very dark)
- Pour Milk over top of cookies and ice cream
- Kick on the Immersion Blender and you can increase speeds as you go or just hit the turbo a few times while pulling up and down on the handblender.
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.