Pumpkin Squares Recipe
This time of year is always fun with fall, pumpkins, and Halloween. Luckily my husband and kids like pumpkin desserts and cream cheese frosting; homemade of course. I hope you enjoy this easy recipe. This is one of my Grandma’s recipes that she would make for us when we would visit. Back then I didn’t care for pumpkin except for pumpkin pie.
When I couldn’t find her recipe I found this one that was closest to Grandma’s as I could find.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I used 1 tsp.)
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 8oz. cream cheese softened
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 3 cups powered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together: eggs, pumpkin, sugars, and butter in 1 bowl.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and add to the above mixture.
- Add nuts.
- Spread mixture out onto greased jelly roll pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let squares cool before frosting.
- After frosting I added chopped walnuts over the top as shown in the bottom picture. Then I cut into squares. (Jelly roll pan size: 11″x17″x7.5″)
- If each person eats one will serve 12-14
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.