Chicken Enchiladas~Casserole Style by Bea
- A whole chicken OR 4 good size boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1-Medium yellow onion diced (we use our food processor)
- 8oz or more Velveeta with jalapenos ( or plain)
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Family size can of Cream of Mushroom soup
- Regular size can of Cream of Chicken soup
- 1-2 bags of Tortilla chips (we use Santinas)
- Jalepenos (optional)
- Shredded Cheese (chedder,taco blend-your choice).
- Boil chicken in enough water to cover, adding diced or minced garlic to season.
- I use about 3 pounds of chicken breasts and about 3 tsp. of minced garlic.
- While chicken is cooking, dice an onion and cut Velveeta cheese into chunks.
- I use a yellow onion and about 8 ounces (or more) of Velveeta with jalapenos!
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Remove cooked chicken from broth; add onion, 2 cans chopped green chilies, Velveeta, salt,
- pepper, and garlic salt to taste, family size can of cream of mushroom soup plus a small can of cream of chicken soup.
- Cook this on medium, stirring often until Velveeta melts.
- Add chicken to broth mixture once Velveeta has melted. Mix well, simmer, and let the flavor get into the chicken real well.
- X 9 pan: spray with Pam. Line bottom with tortilla chips. Layer chicken mixture (Be sure to add enough broth with the chicken for moisture. Don’t want no dry chick)
- then shredded cheese. Repeat layers of chips, chix, and shredded cheese one more time.
- Place on mid rack of oven. May want cookie sheet on bottom rack for spills. Cook until a delicious tint.
- I like to decorate with whole jalapeno peppers before baking.
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.