Disclosure: I received a product in order to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.
A sense of self is so very important for our kids. My father always said you can either be a leader or a follower. Be a leader. I instilled in my kids to be a leader and now love to share with my grandchildren the same message. When I was offered this journal: I am a Leader: A 90-Day Leadership Journal for ages 8-12 I immediately thought of my just turned 9-year-old granddaughter, Em. She was very excited to receive such a great birthday gift and couldn't wait to use it.
To purchase this awesome journal on (my affiliate link) Amazon click here.
About I AM A LEADER:
Want to boost your child's leadership skills? Give them this special gift. I AM A LEADER is a PERFECT journal for kids (ages 8 – 12) to foster leadership skills such as Confidence, Self-Awareness, Grit, and Gratitude!
- How to Teach Kids Leadership Skills – this 114-page journal is a fun way for kids to learn leadership skills and help them grow and live a more fulfilled life.
- The topics covered change every week, and range progressively from the more inward-looking such as gratitude, confidence, growth mindset, and grit, to the more outward-looking, take action and make a difference in the world.
- Starting with a simple, 3-minute centering exercise to help kids practice mindfulness, the page-a-day entries guide kids every step of the way by the clearest, specific and inspirational prompts
- Similar to a gratitude journal for kids, this leadership journal makes a unique back to school gift for kids. Not only great to help them learn leadership skills but also practice gratitude and mindfulness every day.
- Focused on how to teach kids leadership skills – not just for parents, this journal is a wonderful tool for counselors and teachers who are looking to teach leadership skills with a leadership journal or gratitude journal for kids bulk for their classes or workshops.
This author also has a journal for “Teens” which you can find here.
About Author Peter J. Liang
Founder of Leadership4Kids, father of two, not a super dad but close 😉
American best-selling author Peter J. Liang is the founder of Leadership4kids, a leadership development organization committed to helping kids become better leaders through mind and body education to improve movement patterns, self-confidence, and presence.
For nearly ten years, Peter has used his experience gained as a successful business and tech executive, and a board member for various organizations to help kids develop leadership qualities such as gratitude, courage, and grit so they can live a more fulfilled life.
A sought-after speaker on the topic of youth leadership development and leadership embodiment practices, Peter is also a Forbes contributor and a recipient of the 40 Under 40 Award by Long Island Business News.
Peter is a graduate of Harvard University's Strategic Management certification program and holds an M.B.A. from Columbia University and a Computer Science degree from Stony Brook University.
A long-time practitioner of Tai-Chi, which forms the foundation of his leadership embodiment practice, Peter has also been trained in Being-in-Movement mind/body education, stress reduction, compassionate power, and peacemaking.
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.