Disclosure: I went to LA to help cover the #Incredibles2Event, #BigCityGreensEvent, and #PixarFest with 24 other bloggers. This is an all expensed paid trip by Disney to cover this press event. All opinions are my own.
Last week while in LA we were able to preview Incredibles 2 and it was AWESOME!! I thought the first Incredibles was great, but they outdid themselves with Incredibles 2. There were so many great scenes, and each character was able to shine during this movie that it was a well put together movie.
I am not sure if I can really give you my favorite character because so many different ones touched me in different ways. I wanted to share with you a few things to look for and some fun facts about the movie.
9 Things to Watch for in Incredibles 2
- Incredibles 2 starts off 15 seconds after Incredibles ended. Pretty cool right? So no one has aged even though it took 14 years for this sequel to come to the big screen.
- Roles will be reversed in this movie, and it is really fun to see the change from Mr. Incredibles duties and Elastigirl’s new adventures.
- What subject is Dash struggling with and what does his Dad (Bob Parr/Mr.Incredible) do to help?
- Why is Violet stood up for her date?
- Find out what calms Jack-Jack down when he gets upset.
- Superheroes Are Also Illegal now. While many love superheroes, it is decided that they may do more harm than good. Mr. Incredible gets sued by a man who attempted suicide and was injured while being saved against his will. This is followed by a second suit by people injured due to Mr. Incredible’s efforts to prevent a train from derailing. Due to this government is putting superheroes in a sort of witness protection program where they are forced to live as normal people and keep their powers hidden.
Mr. Incredible is now Bob Parr, and his family has had to move several times because Bob is having trouble staying hidden.
- Mr. Incredible Wants To Be A Hero Again. Mr. Incredible, a.k.a Bob Parr becomes an insurance adjuster, but he dreams of his glory days 15 years prior when he was a hero. He even listens to a police scanner in order to go after crimes in progress and foil them in secret.
- Jack-Jack actually has ALL THE POWERS. He catches fire, he turns to steel, he turns into a super strong beast. He’s able to escape Syndrome in this way, leaving the villain to get sucked into a jet engine in the process. However, and this is key, Jack-Jack is too far up in the air for his family to see all this transpire. As such, they apparently don’t realize their baby actually has powers.
- Edna Mode who is the superhero fashion designer (voiced by director Brad Bird) is just as great as she was in the first Incredibles.
Incredibles 2 comes to a theatre near you today
June 15, 2018
You can also read about my time at PixarFest at Disneyland here. Also our interview with Craig T. Nelson and Holly Hunter. Also, enjoy our interview with Samuel L. Jackson (Frozone) and the director and producer of Bao (the Pixar short that comes on before the movie).
In INCREDIBLES 2, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose superpowers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side.
That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.