Disclosure: I went to LA to help cover the #Incredibles2Event, #BigCityGreensEvent, and #PixarFest with 24 other bloggers. This is an all expensed paid trip by Disney to cover this press event. All opinions are my own.
Ohhh, Samuel L. Jackson. Saying his name has always felt like such a powerful force, let alone the man himself. I have always known if he was in a movie, it had to be great. Interviewing him was nothing short of spectacular. I wasn’t sure at first because many of his answers were yes or no, but once we got into the meat of the interview it all just flowed.
Before I tell you why Samuel L. Jackson would “freeze” the early 70s as a real-life superpower I wanted to share a few other things that he talked about during our interview.
8 Fun Facts You Might Not Know About Samuel L. Jackson
- His favorite movie that he was in was “The Long Kiss Goodnight” with Geena Davis.
- Some of the things he does on sets when he isn’t acting his part. He will read upcoming scripts for movies he will be in. He also enjoys watching movies and eating sandwiches.
- He loves watching shows like Judge Judy. He is actually very good friends with her and they do go out to dinner from time to time.
- He loves his character Frozone because he’s got superpowers.
- His character Nick Fury he loves because his ‘superpower’ is the power of persuasion.
- He was just recently reported on Twitter for using a word he has always used. He actually used this same word in his very first tweet.
- As a child, he had a terrible time with stuttering.
- When asked about the characters he has played throughout his life, “I don’t get to always play the best ones, I just have fun playing the ones that I get.”-Samuel L. Jackson
When Asked if He Could Freeze a Moment in Time…..
His answer was like the early seventies. He was in New York when he started his marvelous journey (acting). Samuel said that during that time you felt like you were going to conquer the world and be the best actors on the planet.
He and his wife thought they were going to be Liz Taylor and Richard Burton, as it was a vibrant time in New York City. There were so many of them there, referring to actors. This time was a great time for work and comradeship. He was able to meet Morgan Freeman, Alfre Woodard, Denzel Washington, Laurence Fishburne and others. Everybody was working, as they worked together, ate together, went to auditions together and also visited the same unemployment office when they weren’t working. He felt that this time period were not only vibrant times but also learning times.
Due to all of this, it really cemented some really great friendships and just the challenge of being on stage with those people and just wanting to be better, wanting to be good and making all of those things happen. It kind of makes them who they are on screen for everybody. They all had that discipline, and all that, working together and learning how to be an ensemble and not just outshine everybody who is around you. He also said, “Sometimes you can’t help it, because the other people aren’t so good at which time he did laugh a little, but to him being there and being in that time would be great again.
Be sure to watch for the newest addition to the rides that are going to be Incredible! The Incredicoaster will open on June 23rd
#Incredibles2Event, #BigCityGreensEvent, #PixarFest & #Disneyland
Incredibles 2 comes to a theatre near you on June 15, 2018
In INCREDIBLES 2, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose superpowers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side.
That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here
Wife, mother, grandma, blogger, all wrapped into one person, although it does not define her these are roles that are important to her. From empty nesters to living with our oldest and 2 grandchildren while our house is rebuilt after a house fire in 10/2018 my life is something new each day.