Disclosure: I went to LA to help cover the #Incredibles2Event, #BigCityGreensEvent, and #PixarFest with 24 other bloggers. This was an all expensed paid trip by Disney to cover this press event. All opinions are my own.
It isn’t every day that you get to interview smooth-talking lawyer Saul Goodman/Jimmy McGill from the AMC crime drama series Breaking Bad. But when they voice a character from Incredibles 2, your window of opportunity gets even bigger. Bob Odenkirk voices Winston Deavor in Incredibles 2 and his ‘sibling’ in the movie Evelyn Deavor who is played by Catherine Keener. Catherine Keener’s mainstream break with Being John Malkovich in 1999, which earned Keener her first Oscar nomination. Since then, Catherine Keener has starred in several critically acclaimed films.
11 Fascinating Facts with Bob Odenkirk & Catherine Keener
- Both Bob and Catherine were called by Brad Bird to see if they would be in the movie.
- Catherine’s phone call with Brad Bird lasted most likely no more than one minute.
- All actors want to work with a great director and they had that in Brad Bird.B
- Bob doesn’t really think he looks like his character but then there are times he was like yeah I guess so, but he doesn’t dress as nice as Winston does in the movie.
- Bob felt that Catherine’s character was alluring and could draw people in.
- If Bob could have 1 superpower in real life it would be to eat whatever he wants and not gain weight.
- If Catherine could have 1 superpower in real life it would be the ability to teleport home. Not time travel or to places but just home. (I actually wanted this the night I had to do the red-eye home after our trip).
- Bob and Catherine each spent 3 or 4 sessions with Brad Bird in a year and a half to do their lines.
- Bob’s character chained a couple times from his first time doing lines to the last. He went from a “Better Call Saul” type character to an innocent and genuine, which he loved.
- Fun Fact: Brad Bird told Catherine that originally her character was a male and was changed to a female.
- Another Fun Fact: Someone asked Bob if he was in the same room with his character from Better Call Saul what would he do and he said get out of there cause he is crazy.
Incredibles 2 is showing in a theatre near you.
Purchase Your Tickets here on Fandango.
You can also read about my time at PixarFest at Disneyland here. Also our interview with Craig T. Nelson and Holly Hunter. Also, enjoy our interview with Samuel L. Jackson (Frozone) and the director and producer of Bao (the Pixar short that comes on before the movie), our interview with Huck Milner (Dash Parr) and Sarah Vowell (Violet Parr).
In INCREDIBLES 2, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose superpowers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side.
That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here
What's Your Reaction?
Newly middle-aged wife of 1, Mom of 3, Grandma of 2. A professional blogger who has lived in 3 places since losing her home to a house fire in October 2018 with her husband. Becky appreciates being self-employed which has allowed her to work from 'anywhere'. Life is better when you can laugh. As you can tell by her Facebook page where she keeps the humor memes going daily. Becky looks forward to the upcoming new year. It will be fun to see what 2020 holds.